Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Good things are heading my way

I have been social and productive this past week. After a possibly hormonal minor melt down in which I discussed with Trevor my lack of activities and expressed that I'm turning 30 and work 21 hours a week, I managed to come to an acceptable solution: I need to go back to school. So... Last Thursday I met up with Kate from work at the PSU campus and she showed me around. I collected some materials and spoke with someone in financial aid and someone else in admissions. I returned home and filled out my fafsa and Friday morning applied for co-admission to PSU and PCC for winter term. I ordered official transcripts from SLCC and AHS. I received an email on Friday that the gov had processed my fafsa application so now it's just waiting for the school. Tomorrow I have an appointment with someone in the Liberal Arts department to review my unofficial transcript and plot out a path to become a Special Ed Teacher. Yay for progress!!

In other news, I have the opportunity to pick up some extra hours at work for a little bit and am also corresponding with someone about a short term nanny stint that could put over two grand in my pocket.

Last Saturday after work, Trevor, Trish, and I traveled north to Olympia to attend Erin's birthday/house warming party and I got to meet new people and had a great time. Then Sunday, Kate invited me over for dinner. I may be meeting Katie for coffee/tea/ice cream/drinks tonight and have plans with Nicole tentatively set for tomorrow.

It rained yesterday for only the second time since I've been here and it was lovely. Today the sky is a combination of blue and grey mostly in patches like it can't decide what to do. The air is cool and fall is on its way. So excited!!!

The silly library doesn't open until noon so I get to waste a little time at Anna Banana's before I can pick up the book I have on hold. There are few things greater in life than a great cup of coffee and a little old time music. Ahhh

Location:N Charleston Ave,Portland,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment